Six Tips For How to be a Massive Star, Yet Ordinary, Like Adele
Born in London, nobody knew Adele was going to rise to stardom in her early 20’s. In 2017, Adele’s net worth was 135 million dollars, which is almost triple what she was worth in 2011. Adele shows no signs of slowing down and it is expected he fame and fortune will only continue to grow.
Adele’s album, “21”, sold over 350,000 copies during the first week after its release in 2011. It also produced two Top 5 singles and Top 5 albums in the same week, putting Adele in the ranks of The Beatles and 50 Cent.
Adele has always loved music and has been singing since she was a child. The massive success of "21" increased her wealth considerably. Growing up, she listened to artists in pop culture, such as Destiny's Child and Mary J. Blige and now share’s the stage with some of her Icons. We have much to learn from Adele.
Here are six tips for how to be ordinary and massively successful like Adele.
1. QUIT SMOKING: Adele once said, “The people with the best voices, they always smoke. I've given up smoking and I'm convinced that's made my voice weaker." Though Adele has missed smoking and has made remarks like the above comment, we believe Adele quit smoking to save her singing career and to save her life.
In 2011, the singer underwent throat surgery to repair the damage smoking did to her voice. Actions speak louder than words and she has been living a smoke free lifestyle since 2015. The highest form of success is having good health.
2. DON’T DIET: Adele is not the type of girl to deprive herself from lunch with friends to fit into a size three. She champions body positivity and looks bored when anyone talks about her weight. Sure Adele is a bit vivacious, but considering she’s a brilliant song writer, a mom, only the eighth artist in GRAMMY history to win six or more awards in one night, and her real name is Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, interviewers could come up with better questions than what is it like to be chubby in Hollywood. Adele is one girl who can teach us to be ourselves.
“I like having my hair and face done, but I’m not going to lose weight because someone tells me to. I make music to be a musician not to be on the cover of Playboy.”- Adele
3. HONOR BEYONCE: At the 2017 Grammy Awards, Adele blew everyone away by being amazingly humble towards her own talent and extremely appreciative of Beyonce’s talent.
Adele’s acceptance speech gushed over Beyonce teaching artists everywhere to stay humble. The artist had this to say, “But I can’t possibly accept this award. And I’m very humbled and I’m very grateful and gracious. But my artist of my life is Beyoncé. And this album to me, the “Lemonade” album, is just so monumental. Beyoncé, it’s so monumental. And so well thought out, and so beautiful and soul-baring and we all got to see another side to you that you don’t always let us see. And we appreciate that. And all us artists here adore you. You are our light."
4. BEAT MICHAEL JACKSON: All over the globe people know the name Michael Jackson. Michael is perhaps the most legendary and universal performance artist of all time, which means if you want to be renowned, you should beat MJ at something. Adele broke Michael Jackson's record as the youngest artist to scoop up six or more of the coveted gramophones in one outing at age 23. Jackson was 25 at the time of his Thriller sweep. 'To add to her many landmark records, Adele's achievement in overtaking Thriller in the all-time sales.
5. APPEAR ON SNL: Saturday Night Live premiered on NBC on October 11, 1975. Since then, SNL has brought on stage some of the world’s best performers in music and comedy. When Adele appeared on the show in 2008, it was alongside politician Sarah Palin and the show had one of it’s all time highest ratings at 17 million viewers.
Adele is quoted as having said, “It was two weeks before the Grammy ballot, which is when people decide what songs they want to maybe nominate, so, like, literally the stars aligned for me.“The album shot to No. 1 on iTunes, and I was nominated for a Grammy, and then I won one. It was a joke. It was a joke. All thanks to Sarah Palin.”
6. SAY HELLO DIFFERENTLY: Adele redefined the word HELLO, with her smokey and somber voice. Hello became a mesmerizing ballad that caused listeners to look to their past and bring all their emotions of joy and sorrow in front of them in present day. Because of Adele, the word hello is no longer a simple greeting; it’s a battle cry for lost love. Adele has this remarkable way of being able to sing about the mundane and make it sound like the battle cry of angels with broken hearts and that is why people love Adele, because she is the angel singing the songs in our broken hearts.
“I don't write songs about a specific, elusive thing. I write about love, and everyone knows what it is like to have your heart broken.”- Adele