1. What kind of music is CONNECTOR looking for?
We are looking for good music, regardless of whether it is Pop, Hip-Hop, RnB/Soul, Rock, or Electronic. We just want your best!
2. What formats of music or video does CONNECTOR accept?
We only accept YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, Audiomack, Spotify, and Bandcamp embed links for the Music Submission service and only Spotify and/or YouTube/Vimeo embed links for Music Discovery. If the music submitted is not in one of these formats, we cannot proceed with any service.
3. Does CONNECTOR accept mixtapes, EPs, or albums too?
Not at this time.
4. How long will it take to hear back from CONNECTOR about my music submission?
We will respond to you about your song or video at our earliest convenience; generally, 1-3 days depending on our workload and/or travel schedule.
5. How old can my music be that is submitted to CONNECTOR?
We cannot accept anything older than 3 months old.
6. How will I know if my submission to CONNECTOR was accepted to be sent to the music platforms?
If you music is accepted, we will ask you for follow-up information about you and the song/video (2-3 pictures, a bio, press release, etc.).
7. Is my music guaranteed placement if it is accepted by CONNECTOR for the Music Submission Service?
We cannot guarantee that the music we submit on your behalf will be accepted, which is why we will only submit material that we believe in and only to the music platforms that typically feature content similar to yours.
To guarantee placement would be PAYOLA and we do not participate in or support that in any form.
8. If my song or video is accepted by the music platforms that CONNECTOR sends it to, how long will it take for my music to be featured?
That all depends on the respective platform. We will do our best to keep you updated on the submission's status throughout the process.
9. How many platforms will my music be submitted to by CONNECTOR?
We will send your music to 10 platforms on your behalf. As soon as the song or video has been submitted to the 10 platforms, we will notify you via email about the status.
10. What if my music is not accepted by CONNECTOR for the Music Submission Service?
We will only accept music that we believe has the opportunity to be accepted by the platforms we would submit it to.
If we don't accept it for Music Submission, we will offer to make recommendations and provide you with honest feedback for why, which is free.
11. Do I have to be a member of The CAB Portal to use CONNECTOR?
No; you do not need to be a member of The CAB Portal to use CONNECTOR's Music Submission, Recommendations, or Consulting service, but if you want the best of what The CAB Portal has to offer to you, you should sign up ASAP. To have your music added to the Music Discovery playlists, you must be a member.
Also, VIP members of The CAB Portal receive FREE Recommendation service for all of their music submissions to CONNECTOR, as well as additions to the Music Discovery page, and Spotify and YouTube playlists.
If you are not already a member, join HERE.
12. How much does CONNECTOR cost?
As mentioned above, VIP members of The CAB Portal receive the Recommendation service for free for each song or video they submit to CONNECTOR.
Music Submission - If we accept the song or video, the cost to submit it to the 10 music blogs, blogs, YouTube channels, and curated Spotify and Soundcloud playlists, is $25.
Recommendation - For us to create a list of 10 recommended blogs, YouTube channels, and curated Spotify and Soundcloud playlists tailored to your music, the cost is $10.
There are fees because we are not just randomly recommending or sending your music to any blog, curated Spotify playlist or YouTube channel, we are taking the time to tailor the submission to platforms that fit your music, those with the highest likelihood of accepting it and with the capacity to increase your fan base and generate you revenue.
Consulting - We offer 1-on-1 artist consulting to help you with music marketing, social media outreach, and recommended next steps for your new song or video, for $25, per 30 minute session.
Music Discovery Playlists - If your song or video meets our criteria, it will be added to our Music Discovery page, and Spotify or YouTube curated playlists for free.
*We accept payments for our services via PayPal and credit card.